Photobucket
 photo blogcollage_zps1d7c5074.jpg

September 21, 2010

Secret Gift and the Coming of Autumn's Harvest

After a few weeks of wandering off to secretly work in the shop, my dear husband presented me with this today!  He is so clever and I am very pleased with it!  After weeks of getting back into the swing of homeschooling, and the weather not being able to decide if it's autumn or summer, my temperament has been showing wear.  This time of year seems to be the busiest with the blessing of a good harvest, there is much work to be done.  As the harvest comes, so does school time.  I always feel a big relief after getting the entire school year scheduled and layed out, but then I come to the realization that my work with it has only begun.  The first few weeks are difficult for the whole family to get into the swing of it, but we do and life goes on.  

Seasons come and seasons go, so is the rhythm of life.  Tomorrow is the Autumnal Equinox, where the sun appears to cross the celestial equator from north to south.  I hope that with it will come Autumn temperatures.  I know this will slow my tomato harvest down, but I am ready to begin all of the autumn cooking.  When the season cools, I begin to crave potato soup and pumpkin soup and sweet potato pie.  Yum!  Does anyone have a good recipe for pumpkin soup or pumpkin bisque?  Please let me know if you do, I will try it out on my family and post it for everyone to see. 

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful!! I wanted to thank you for sharing my button on your blog. I also added your link on my blogroll. Happy homesteading :)

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the Ozark Mountain Family Homestead!

We love hearing from readers who stop by and take the time to look at what is happening here in the Ozarks.

Thank you for stopping by and we hope ya'll come back again real soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share