Photobucket
 photo blogcollage_zps1d7c5074.jpg

May 10, 2013

Time to Fire Up the Grill



One morning last week, we woke up to some glorious weather (about two days before the strange May snow storm).  The air was warm, the breeze adding just the right amount of coolness and it was suddenly spring.


We sat on the front porch for a while, just soaking it up, deciding what exactly needed to be done that day.

Just like everyone, we had a list of hundreds of things to do, so we tried to narrow it down.  However, it seemed that whatever needed to be done inside was going to have to wait.  We weren't going to waste such a beautiful day inside.

So the day went like this....

Raked and burned several piles of leaves
Sat on the porch and drank some sweet tea
Transplanted at least 100 tomatoes
Sat on the porch and drank some sweet tea
Planted more cucumber and zucchini seeds
Sat on the porch and drank some sweet tea
Prepared some grass fed Highland burger and chicken breasts for the grill
Mowed the yard
Dug through the shed looking for charcoal...
Didn't find any charcoal, so we ran up to the our tiny little country corner store for charcoal
Gathered sticks to start the charcoal (we use a bbq starter for the charcoal)
Whipped up some yummy coleslaw
Put the meat on the grill
Sat on the porch and drank some sweet tea while enjoying the delicious smells
Gathered around the table and savored our first BBQ meal of the season!

Usually my husband does the grilling, which I dearly love, but he's working some really strange hours lately and I've decided that I need to learn how to bbq.  Instead of ruining several meals before I get the hang of it, I began to search around on Pinterest.  Now, I'm hooked!

There are several extremely tasty looking ways to bbq that goes way beyond simply burgers and chicken!  I've known you can cook almost anything on the grill, but I had no idea how and the delicious sounding sauces are my favorite!

Here are a few I've found that are on my list to try:

Honey Cranberry Barbecue Sauce

Chipotle Maple Barbecue Sauce

Barbecue Roasted Salmon

Grilled Chicken with Sweet and Sour Fig Barbecue Sauce

Herb Grilled Chicken with Creamy Broccoli Orzo

Top 10 Grilled Steak Recipes

Top 10 Grilled Vegetable Recipes

Grilled Asparagus Medley

Chermoula Grilled Chicken Pita

Grilled BBQ Chicken Pizza

These are some unbelievable looking recipes!  And since this week, the freaky snow and ice are gone, I am in search of some more great grilling recipes for Mother's Day!!

May you have a blessed weekend!










2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day To You Too!

    You've been extremely busy on those two beautiful days. I like the idea of taking a break and enjoy several glasses of refreshing ice tea. I can't wait to start using our grill again this season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super cute blog! I moved to the Ozarks one year ago from Kansas City. I have a blog about my life on the Finley River. (It's a work in progress) but if you or any of your readers are so inclined it is http://noplacelikehomeinoz.blogspot.com/ I am following you now through google friend connect so I will be able to keep up with your posts. ~ Leanne

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to the Ozark Mountain Family Homestead!

We love hearing from readers who stop by and take the time to look at what is happening here in the Ozarks.

Thank you for stopping by and we hope ya'll come back again real soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share